List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:May 19 2006 3:39pm
Subject:Re: Is This A Redundant Info Example?
View as plain text
>> I wouldn't enter the "delivery" and "billing" info either, but create
>> some sort of "customer_address" table or "order_customer_address"
>> in which records would be inserted if and only if the addresses used
>> for billing and delivery differ from the normal customer address.
>
>And what happens if the customer changes their "normal" address but
>you want to keep that historical information?  This is mostly an
>exercise in thinking what can happen, which you want to do.

This is why I mentioned that as well.

I think that we offer the same solution -> create a new address
entry, to be used for new orders and so on, and mark it as the
"current address". Historical orders will point to the old address.

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Is This A Redundant Info Example?Mark Sargent19 May
  • Re: Is This A Redundant Info Example?Martijn Tonies19 May
    • Re: Is This A Redundant Info Example?sheeri kritzer19 May
  • Re: Is This A Redundant Info Example?Martijn Tonies19 May
  • Re: Is This A Redundant Info Example?John Hicks19 May
RE: Is This A Redundant Info Example?Jay Blanchard19 May
RE: Is This A Redundant Info Example?Bob)19 May
RE: Is This A Redundant Info Example?Jay Blanchard19 May
  • Re: Is This A Redundant Info Example?sheeri kritzer19 May
  • Re: Is This A Redundant Info Example?Martijn Tonies20 May