List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ferindo Middleton Date:May 18 2006 9:22pm
Subject:how to default column value to lower( )
View as plain text
I have column and I want to make sure the db is always making sure the value
that gets input into this VARCHAR() column is always lowercase;

Is there a way to set the value of a column within a table to automatically
be lowercase. I know how to use the LOWER() function when performing queries
but is there a way to define LOWER( ) within the definition of the table
column itself without having the application specify LOWER( ) to any value
passed to this column or if a record had to be manually input and the admin
forgot to make sure all the characters were lowercase.

Ferindo

Thread
how to default column value to lower( )Ferindo Middleton18 May
  • Re: how to default column value to lower( )sheeri kritzer19 May
    • Re: how to default column value to lower( )Jay Pipes19 May
      • Re: how to default column value to lower( )Ferindo Middleton19 May
  • Re: how to default column value to lower( )Martijn Tonies19 May