List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kishore Jalleda Date:May 18 2006 8:03pm
Subject:Re: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes
View as plain text
On 5/18/06, Dan Trainor <dan@stripped> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I'm trying to import some data into a MySQL database, which was dumped
> from mysqldump.  Just looking at the .sql file generated, there's only
> about 7000 lines, on an 800M dump.  I guess this tells me I have some
> extremely long lines, which would be happy to take up more than
> 'max_allowed_packet' bytes, which is set to 16M.
>
> The specific error I get is:
>
> ERROR 1153 (08S01) at line 3132: Got a packet bigger than
> 'max_allowed_packet' bytes
>
> Using:
>
> mysql -uroot -p database < /tmp/800MSQLFile.sql
>
> under MySQL 5.0.21.
>
> I don't have much experience importing data in this manner, so maybe I'm
> missing something here.  If anyone wouldn't mind sharing some tips on
> how to do this, I would grealy appreciate it.
>
> Should I increase max_allowed_packet even further?  Is there a way to
> make this value "adaptive", as to avoid error?
>
> Thanks!
> -dant

Check this
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/packet-too-large.html

Kishore Jalleda
Thread
Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytesDan Trainor18 May
  • Re: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytesKishore Jalleda18 May
    • Re: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytesDan Trainor18 May
    • Re: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytesKishore Jalleda18 May