List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kim Kohen Date:May 16 2006 11:18am
Subject:Converting varchar field into primary key
View as plain text
Hello,

I'm creating a new MySQL database from an existing Filemaker db.

My problem is that some of the existing 'numbers' in one column (it
was a text field in FMP) have leading zeros. eg: 003, 0007, 012,
001234. I need to maintain these numbers 'as is' - complete with
zeros. I've tried all the numeric data types and they all seem to
strip these leading zeros. Is it possible to have a numeric field
type which will maintain those zeros? I want this column to become
the primary key.

regards

kim
Thread
Converting varchar field into primary keyKim Kohen16 May
  • Re: Converting varchar field into primary keyMartijn Tonies16 May
  • Re: Converting varchar field into primary keyJonathan Mangin16 May
    • Re: Converting varchar field into primary keygerald_clark16 May