List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eduardo Galván Date:May 13 2006 12:55am
Subject:Re: how to extract common text string from field?
View as plain text
Check the string functions SUBSTRING and LOCATE. As a hint look for the
position of '@'.

Ferindo Middleton escribió:
> Suppose you have a field in a db table that holds email addresses and
> all of
> the address end in domain.com. Is there a MySQL function that can be
> used to
> extract the first part of the email address, the username (the part of
> the
> email address before the 'domain.com' part of the email address).
>
> I was hoping somehow to do this within a SELECT statement so instead of
> seeing the email address I would see the username without the
> 'domain.com'
> part.
>
> Ferindo

Thread
how to extract common text string from field?Ferindo Middleton13 May
  • Re: how to extract common text string from field?Eduardo Galván13 May
  • Re: how to extract common text string from field?Dan Nelson13 May
RE: how to extract common text string from field?Robert DiFalco13 May