List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ferindo Middleton Date:May 12 2006 9:13pm
Subject:how to extract common text string from field?
View as plain text
Suppose you have a field in a db table that holds email addresses and all of
the address end in domain.com. Is there a MySQL function that can be used to
extract the first part of the email address, the username (the part of the
email address before the 'domain.com' part of the email address).

I was hoping somehow to do this within a SELECT statement so instead of
seeing the email address I would see the username without the 'domain.com'
part.

Ferindo

Thread
how to extract common text string from field?Ferindo Middleton13 May
  • Re: how to extract common text string from field?Eduardo Galván13 May
  • Re: how to extract common text string from field?Dan Nelson13 May
RE: how to extract common text string from field?Robert DiFalco13 May