List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Amer Neely Date:May 12 2006 5:17pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 5.0 strange table creation 'func'
View as plain text
sheeri kritzer wrote:
> Hi Amer,
>
> Indeed, the 'func' table in the 'mysql' database has the same
> structure that you found in your client database.  in your upgrade,
> did something go wrong and you did a mysqldump of the mysql database
> and reimport?  Are you sure you're in the right database?  What does
>
> describe mysql.func;

Hi Sheeri,

I don't think I was doing anything other than trying to get 5.0
installed on my Win2K development box at home (which is a whole other
story). No dumping etc.

mysql> describe mysql.func;
+-------+------------------------------+------+-----+----------+-------+
| Field | Type                         | Null | Key | Default  | Extra |
+-------+------------------------------+------+-----+----------+-------+
| name  | char(64)                     | NO   | PRI | NULL     |       |
| ret   | tinyint(1)                   | NO   |     | 0        |       |
| dl    | char(128)                    | NO   |     | NULL     |       |
| type  | enum('function','aggregate') | NO   |     | function |       |
+-------+------------------------------+------+-----+----------+-------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

> Does the following work?
>
> describe clientdb.func;
>
> (where 'clientdb' is the name of the client database it's in)

mysql> describe hasbeans.func;
+-------+------------------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field | Type                         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------+------------------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| name  | char(64)                     | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| ret   | tinyint(1)                   | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| dl    | char(128)                    | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| type  | enum('function','aggregate') | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
+-------+------------------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
4 rows in set (0.02 sec)

mysql> select * from hasbeans.func;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from mysql.func;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

So they are identical and both empty. I was pretty sure I could delete
the client one, but just wanted to check first.

And yes, it only appears in that one database. Very strange indeed. Oh
well, it will disappear shortly :)

Thanks for the response.

--
Amer Neely
Home of Spam Catcher
W: www.softouch.on.ca
E: trudge@stripped
Perl | MySQL | CGI programming for all data entry forms.
"We make web sites work!"
Thread
MySQL 5.0 strange table creation 'func'Amer Neely11 May
  • Re: MySQL 5.0 strange table creation 'func'sheeri kritzer12 May
    • Re: MySQL 5.0 strange table creation 'func'Amer Neely12 May