List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sheeri kritzer Date:May 12 2006 4:52pm
Subject:Re: MySQL commercial licence
View as plain text
Not particularly.  You're not buying an upgrade, you're buying a
license for a new product.  You can use MySQL all you want for free,
you just can't repackage or embed it without a license.

I don't see it as an upgrade issue really.  You'll want to rewrite
many queries, add new features, etc to get the full benefits of MySQL
5.0.  You're making another product.

"A bit rich" is what I'd call Oracle's licensing fees.

Just remember, the money's paying developers to make the product better....

-Sheeri

On 5/12/06, Adam Lipscombe <adam.lipscombe@stripped> wrote:
> Checking. I don't think the customer bought the "network" version.
> Apparently its MySQL Pro Licence V4.
>

> It's a bit rich not to offer upgrades at a discount IMO.
>

> Adam

PRINT statement?Stephen Cook7 May
  • Re: PRINT statement?Rhino7 May
    • Re: PRINT statement?Stephen Cook11 May
  • Re: PRINT statement?Rhino11 May
RE: PRINT statement?Quentin Bennett11 May
  • Re: PRINT statement?Rhino11 May
    • Re: PRINT statement?Stephen Cook12 May
      • Re: PRINT statement?Peter Brawley12 May
        • Re: PRINT statement?Stephen Cook12 May
          • Re: PRINT statement?Mark Leith12 May
            • MySQL commercial licenceAdam Lipscombe12 May
              • Re: MySQL commercial licenceDavid Logan12 May
                • RE: MySQL commercial licenceAdam Lipscombe12 May
                  • Re: MySQL commercial licencesheeri kritzer12 May
          • Re: PRINT statement?Peter Brawley12 May
            • Re: PRINT statement?Stephen Cook13 May