List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:abhishek jain Date:May 12 2006 2:54pm
Subject:What is the best coding ethics related to mysql
View as plain text
Hi all,
I have been using mysql from last few years but for small projects only,
recently i have been on to some good projects, I want toknow what is the
best coding practices for mysql to kee it fast etc.
I mean in mine earlier post one friend told me that size upto 4 GB can be
achieved with Mysql.
I want to know:
1)Which is better a long table in terms of nos. of columns or use join and
increase the columns. eg. in simple registration site we have 20 columns ,
we should use it in same table or use it in two diff. tables.
2)To use indexes to the maximum or restrain its use.
3)etc.

Pl. point me to good advanced tutorial of mysql.
Also is there any certification of mysql, php etc.
Thanks,
Abhishek Jain

Thread
What is the best coding ethics related to mysqlabhishek jain12 May
  • Re: What is the best coding ethics related to mysqlBarry12 May
    • Re: What is the best coding ethics related to mysqlsheeri kritzer12 May