List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 28 1999 8:21pm
Subject:Disappointed, but will wait for future enhancements
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris L Smith <clsmith@stripped> writes:

Chris> Previously wrote:
Chris> Just wondering if the maximum table size is 2GB on windoze NT?  I tried
Chris> adding table options (3.23.5a) of avg_row_length, max_rows, and so on
Chris> ... but I still get cut off at about 2GB.

Chris> After reading the replies and trying a bunch of things, it appears that
Chris> MySQL is not the solution to my problem unless I'm using Solaris on SUN
Chris> equipment.  We don't have that luxury, so it's back to SQL Server or
Chris> Oracle ... just thought MySQL was a cleaner/easier solution.  Five of
Chris> our tables would be approximately 70M rows at 400 bytes each ... these
Chris> will be downloaded from files within a AdaBas database on our
Chris> mainframe.  I don't mind I paid for the MySQL license based on the fact
Chris> that TcX said they had gigabtyes of data in MySQL ... just didn't
Chris> realize it had to be Solaris ... that's ok .. I'll find the right niche
Chris> for it.
Chris> chris

I am just building MySQL 3.23.7 for Win32; This will not have the 4G
limit on NT anymore.

Tonu should also relatively soon be ready with his patch that will
enable MySQL to have bigger data files than 2G on 32 bit Linux (A
large datafile can be splitted into many sub files)

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the late reply;  I am still trying to catch up with the
    mails that piled up during my vacation.
Thread
Disappointed, but will wait for future enhancementsChris L. Smith20 Nov
  • Re: Disappointed, but will wait for future enhancementsChristopher E. Brown20 Nov
  • Re: Disappointed, but will wait for future enhancementssinisa20 Nov
    • RE: Disappointed, but will wait for future enhancementsStergios Marinopoulos1 Dec
      • RE: Disappointed, but will wait for future enhancementsJames Rogers1 Dec
      • Re: Disappointed, but will wait for future enhancementsTorbjorn Lindgren1 Dec
  • Disappointed, but will wait for future enhancementsMichael Widenius28 Nov