List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 17 1999 7:33am
Subject:MySQL & Cygwin b20.1 on Win32
View as plain text
>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Goddard <mgoddard@stripped> writes:

Mike> 	Is anyone currently running mySQL within Cygnus'
Mike> 	cygwin package (b20.1), using a perl5.00x binary
Mike> 	that supports the DBI module? (on WinNT)

Mike> 	Basically, I need to create a Win32 flavor perl5
Mike> 	binary  which supports the DBI (1.06) module so I
Mike> 	can talk to mySQL, *and* I need POSIX support for
Mike> 	calls such as fork(), which Cygnus will provide.

Mike> 	I can't seem to create, nor locate, a binary which
Mike> 	satisifes all requirements (DBI/mySQL/POSIX).

Mike> 	Thanks in advance for any information
Mike> 	you may be able to provide.

Hi!

Have you checked the perl lists for a perl built under cygnus?
If this is possible, then it would be easy to compile DBI and
msql-mysql-modules into this.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL & Cygwin b20.1 on Win32Mike Goddard16 Apr
  • MySQL & Cygwin b20.1 on Win32Michael Widenius17 Apr
    • Re: MySQL & Cygwin b20.1 on Win32Mike Goddard19 Apr