List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:May 11 2006 7:46am
Subject:Re: Reporting child tables referencing a parnet table
View as plain text
Peter,

I see...  I was thinking 'db' might have been a system table name or
something...

This works perfectly, thanks.

Ben

Peter Brawley wrote:
> Ben Clewett wrote:
>> Unfortunately I get:
>>
>> mysql> SELECT
>>     ->
>> c.table_schema,u.table_name,u.column_name,u.referenced_column_name
>>     -> FROM information_schema.table_constraints AS c
>>     -> INNER JOIN information_schema.key_column_usage AS u
>>     -> USING( constraint_schema, constraint_name )
>>     -> WHERE c.constraint_type = 'FOREIGN KEY'
>>     ->  AND u.referenced_table_schema='db'
>>     ->  AND u.referenced_table_name = 'table'
>>     -> ORDER BY c.table_schema,u.table_name;
>>
>> Empty set (27.86 sec)
> Indeed, you didn't substitute your 'db' and 'table' values.
>
> PB
>
> -----
>>
>> mysql> SELECT version();
>> +-----------------+
>> | version()       |
>> +-----------------+
>> | 5.1.6-alpha-log |
>> +-----------------+
>>
>> But thanks, I think I can work with this and get the information I want.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ben.
>>

>> Peter Brawley wrote:
>>> Ben,:

>>> Find children of db.table:
>>>
>>> SELECT
>>>  c.table_schema,u.table_name,u.column_name,u.referenced_column_name
>>> FROM information_schema.table_constraints AS c
>>> INNER JOIN information_schema.key_column_usage AS u
>>> USING( constraint_schema, constraint_name )
>>> WHERE c.constraint_type = 'FOREIGN KEY'
>>>  AND u.referenced_table_schema='db'
>>>  AND u.referenced_table_name = 'table'
>>> ORDER BY c.table_schema,u.table_name;
>>>
>>> PB
>>>
>>> -----

Thread
Reporting child tables referencing a parnet tableBen Clewett10 May
  • Re: Reporting child tables referencing a parnet tablePeter Brawley10 May
    • Re: Reporting child tables referencing a parnet tableBen Clewett10 May
      • Re: Reporting child tables referencing a parnet tablePeter Brawley10 May
        • Re: Reporting child tables referencing a parnet tableBen Clewett11 May
        • Re: Reporting child tables referencing a parnet tableBen Clewett11 May
        • Re: Reporting child tables referencing a parnet tableBen Clewett11 May
          • Re: Reporting child tables referencing a parnet tablePeter Brawley11 May