List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:George Law Date:May 10 2006 7:06pm
Subject:RE: Can I set UNIX_TIMESTAMP() as default?
View as plain text

just found something on google:
"In general, this cannot be done. Default values cannot be the return of
MySQL function (as much as I'd love to use NOW() for default values!).

However, there's one loophole. When inserting, not specifying a value
the first timestamp field in a table will generate the current
timestamp. "

Best work around I can think of is to set your field as an int
and include unix_timestamp(NOW()) in your inserts