List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel da Veiga Date:May 10 2006 11:29am
Subject:Re: batch installation of mysql 5.0
View as plain text
On 5/10/06, kamaya <kamaya@stripped> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install mysql 5.0 in batch mode.
>
> That is, I want to avoid interaction with windows while installing mysql
> 5.0.
>
> Is there anyone who has an idea?

I have used NSIS from Nullsoft to create a custom install of MySQL,
just created a config file, copied the needed files to a location and
run the appropriate actions accourding to the OS of the user (windows
xp, create service, win98, startup item). Its not really difficul if
you know how to deal with MySQL.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil