List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rhino Date:May 9 2006 9:21pm
Subject:Re: comparing postgis with mysql
View as plain text
There used to be a page at the MySQL site which showed comparison between
MySQL and its competitors. For example, one page contrasted MySQL with DB2.
These pages were lengthy and compared the product feature for feature.

I just had a look but I'm having trouble finding the comparison pages. I'm
not sure if they have been removed or whether the site has been redesigned
so that you can find things more easily - which usually results in it being
_harder_ to find things, in my experience :-)

Have a look for yourself; maybe you can find those comparisons. I'm not sure
if postgis was one of the databases compared to MySQL though.

--
Rhino