List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Parang Saraf Date:May 9 2006 8:06pm
Subject:comparing postgis with mysql
View as plain text
hello,

I am relatively new in this field. I am designing a database to store the
events extracted from the oceans. This project later demands of publishing
data on web. I am not able to decide which database to use. Mysql with
spatial extension or the postgis one. I would prefer to use windows platform.

Can someone suggest or can provide me with some links that compare the two
databases. Do you think Mysql has a better spatial elements handling
capacity in comparison to postgis.?

please reply soon.

Thanks and Regards
Parang Saraf
 parang.saraf@stripped

Thread
comparing postgis with mysqlParang Saraf9 May
  • Re: comparing postgis with mysqlRhino9 May
  • Re: comparing postgis with mysqlPeter Brawley10 May
RE: comparing postgis with mysqlDewald Troskie10 May