List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel da Veiga Date:May 9 2006 2:54pm
Subject:Re: Need help in recreating .MYD files
View as plain text
On 5/9/06, balaraju mandala <balaraju.mandala@stripped> wrote:
> Hi Dilip,
>
> I got two binary logs in Server. I don't know how to find server uptime?
>
> mysql> show master logs;
> +----------------------+
> | Log_name             |
> +----------------------+
> | localhost-bin.000008 |
> | localhost-bin.000009 |
> +----------------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> if i ask for structure it is giving error message
>
> mysql> desc userdetails;
> ERROR 1016 (HY000): Can't open file: 'userdetails.MYI' (errno: 145)
>
> if i create .MYD file using vi editor, MySql giving following message

You don't need "some file with that name". You need a special MySQL
created data file with lots of headers and content.

> mysql> desc userdetails;
> ERROR 1105 (HY000): File './everest/userdetails.MYD' not found (Errcode: 13)
>
> but the file is exist.

Exists, but its invalid in all aspects (size 0, no headers, no content).

> tell me how i can get the data.

You must understand that the .MYD file IS the data. So, to recover it,
you'll have to just use another source (backup, binlog). A backup is
usually an sql file, you'll have to recreate your table and populate
it with the data on the backup, or, if your backup has the structures,
you'll just have to use it to recreate the whole database.

The binlog files logs all queries to the server, this way, it can
recreate the changes on the database, but that requires a snapshot of
the state where the binlog started.

Another option would be to try and recover the lost files from the
filesystem, but all the commands you issued and the simple fact that
your system is running may have already overwritten the free space
that your files used to take. And besides that is an expensive and
tecnical solution.

In simple terms, if you have no backups, your binlogs are outdated or
rotated to an extend (old changes lost) and you can't recover the
files from the filesystem. You're pretty much f**** up (don't get me
wrong, It happened to me once, and now I have daily backups, a
replicated server and binlogs saved daily too).

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
            • Re: Need help in recreating .MYD filesbalaraju mandala9 May
              • Re: Need help in recreating .MYD filesDaniel da Veiga9 May
                • Re: Need help in recreating .MYD filesbalaraju mandala10 May
                • Re: Need help in recreating .MYD filesPradeep Chandru11 May