List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:May 9 2006 12:12pm
Subject:Re: Case confusion
View as plain text
On 9 May 2006, at 02:22, Chris wrote:

> I would run this query:
>
> SELECT
>    *
> FROM mytable
> WHERE LOWER(emailaddress) IN
>    (SELECT
>    LOWER(emailaddress)
>    FROM mytable
>    GROUP BY 1
>    HAVING COUNT(emailaddress) > 1)
>
> This would show all duplicate emails, I would use the info this
> displays to choose which records to change/keep/delete.
>
> May not be the best way, but it would work.

I'm giving it a go, but it's been running for about 4 hours at 60%
CPU so far! Would it be quicker to tell it to use a case insensitive
collation to locate the duplicates?

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture

Thread
Case confusionMarcus Bointon9 May
  • Re: Case confusionChris9 May
    • Re: Case confusionMarcus Bointon9 May