List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Lundqvist Date:May 8 2006 3:20pm
Subject:Re: Outfile syntax and out of memory
View as plain text
Hi,

Where should I increase max_allowed packet??
I get a error from Windows (yes, I know... it's running on a M$-os, not
my bad - not my desicion).

The results is about 2 - 10 Gb of data.

Regards,
/Johan

Dilipkumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Increase max_allowed packet to 1.5 gb and then try to import your data .
>
> eg ;
>
> In mysql prompt run the file as
>
> *use database   \. /tmp/filename.txt
> *
> Johan Lundqvist wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to extract some data to a textfile from a big database.
>>

>> If I try to do like this:
>> mysql < queryfile.sql > outfile.txt
>>
>> "outfile.txt" it looks something like:
>> "OrderID", "Quant", "OrdrDate", "code1", "code2"...
>> 10021, 12, 20060412, 23, 95...
>> 10022, 5, 20060412, , 75...
>>
>> But, I never get a complete file. I get a out of memory error after a
>> hour or 2!!
>>

>> If I instead insert the following code in queryfile.sql:
>> "INTO OUTFILE 'outfile.txt'"
>>
>> Now my outfile.txt don't get the first row with the column names, and
>> any NULL values are exported as "\N".
>>
>> This is a big problem, cause the import function that exist where I
>> send the data only accept the format I get using "mysql <
>> queryfile.sql > outfile.txt".
>>
>> Any help??! Ideas??
>>
>> Can I in any way format my output to print the column names and print
>> NULL values as 'nothing'??
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Johan Lundqvist

Thread
Outfile syntax and out of memoryJohan Lundqvist8 May
  • Re: Outfile syntax and out of memoryDilipkumar8 May
    • Re: Outfile syntax and out of memoryJohan Lundqvist8 May
  • Re: Outfile syntax and out of memoryJeremy Cole9 May
RE: Outfile syntax and out of memoryGeorge Law8 May
  • Re: Outfile syntax and out of memoryJohan Lundqvist8 May