List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rich Duzenbury Date:May 4 2006 3:33pm
Subject:blank user names in user table
View as plain text
Hi all,

I've got a database I recently inherited where there are a number of
records in the mysql.user table that have no user id.  According to the
mysql docs, this is supposed to allow guest access, and there is mention
of how to turn it off.

How does one actually connect in guest mode?  My attempts with the mysql
client have so far been in vain.

How can I ask mysql to log connection attempts by users so I can see if
any of these ID's are actually in use?

Thank you.

Regards,
Rich
Thread
blank user names in user tableRich Duzenbury4 May
  • Re: blank user names in user tablesheeri kritzer5 May