List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel da Veiga Date:May 2 2006 4:40pm
Subject:Re: difference between mysql max version and non-max version
View as plain text
On 5/2/06, ashwini c.v <buzzingashwini@stripped> wrote:
> Can anybdoy please tell me the difference between mysql max version andthe non-max
> version? Also lemme know how the max version is helpful if the installation of mysql on
> the clinet machine is to be done easily wihout any hassals and minimal human intervension

This is well covered in the documentation:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysqld-max.html

Also, mysqld-max has the "d" on its name because its a "daemon", a
server, so, no use for it on a machine suppose to be a client. Its
just a version of the server with different options (more features) at
compile time. Joerg, accourding to the page above, he used the correct
terminology, a version has different meanings, one for apps (as you
stated) and another for executables (builds), that is the way Ashwini
mentioned it.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil