List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:May 2 2006 10:38am
Subject:Re: difference between mysql max version and non-max version
View as plain text
Hi!

ashwini c.v wrote:
> Can anybdoy please tell me the difference between mysql max version andthe non-max
> version?

I answered this here on April 26.

Also, please use exact terminology:
A "version" is a two- or three-level numeric designator, like "4.1" or
"5.0.21".
"max" is a package, or (coming with 5.1) a "server variant".

> Also lemme know how the max version is helpful if the installation of mysql on the
> clinet machine is to be done easily wihout any hassals and minimal human intervension

No difference between a "max" and a "standard" package in this respect.

Joerg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Thread
difference between mysql max version and non-max versionashwini c.v2 May
  • Re: difference between mysql max version and non-max versionJoerg Bruehe2 May
  • sorting with php/mysqlross2 May
    • Re: sorting with php/mysqlPeter Brawley2 May
  • Re: difference between mysql max version and non-max versionDaniel da Veiga2 May