List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 28 1999 11:01am
Subject:"ERROR 1137: Can't reopen table: 's1'" when trying to join a temporary table to itself in mysql 3.23.5
View as plain text
>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Hoskins <matt@stripped> writes:

Matt> If I create a temporary table, say test, and try join it to itself (this
Matt> query ain't supposed to do anything useful, it's just an example ;):
Matt> CREATE TABLE test(c1 VARCHAR(255));
Matt> SELECT * FROM test AS t1, test AS t2;

Matt> I get:
Matt> ERROR 1137: Can't reopen table: 't1'

Matt> If I do the same on a normal table, I don't get the error. So this is
Matt> either a bug, or it's not documented that you can't do this kind of
Matt> thing:).

Matt> Matt

Hi!

For the moment it's not possible to use a temporary table twice in the
same query.  I shall add a note of this in the bugs section until this
is fixed.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
"ERROR 1137: Can't reopen table: 's1'" when trying to join a temporary table to itself in mysql 3.23.5Matt Hoskins29 Oct
  • Re: "ERROR 1137: Can't reopen table: 's1'" when trying to join a temporary table to itself in mysql 3.23.5sinisa29 Oct
  • "ERROR 1137: Can't reopen table: 's1'" when trying to join a temporary table to itself in mysql 3.23.5Michael Widenius28 Nov