List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Atle Veka Date:April 28 2006 5:28pm
Subject:Re: ~Mysql performance~
View as plain text
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Mohammed Abdul Azeem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 2 mysql servers with version 5.0.15-standard-log running on
> redhat es4 installed on 2 different geographic locations. The default
> storage engine used is innodb on both the servers. I run an insert query
> on both the servers that inserts 25,00,000 records. first server takes
> 7.5 hrs, while the second server takes around 17 hrs for the same
> process.

Are these queries run from localhost or from a remote location? It's very
unusual for an IDE based system to outperform SCSI.

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator

Thread
~Mysql performance~Mohammed Abdul Azeem28 Apr
  • Re: ~Mysql performance~living liquid | Christian Meisinger28 Apr
    • Re: ~Mysql performance~Mohammed Abdul Azeem28 Apr
      • Re: ~Mysql performance~Mohammed Abdul Azeem28 Apr
  • Re: ~Mysql performance~Kishore Jalleda28 Apr
    • Re: ~Mysql performance~Mohammed Abdul Azeem30 Apr
  • Re: ~Mysql performance~Atle Veka28 Apr
    • Re: ~Mysql performance~Mohammed Abdul Azeem30 Apr