From: Gmail User [mailto:nowuknow@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:03 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: RE: Calculate LONG/LAT from ZIP+4 (positve vs.
negative longitude)

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 00:43 -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:

So for a sanity check, I decided to look "online" and punch

in some to see

what the "real" lat/long should be. Well, different sites

give different

values, and not only are they "slightly" off, but sometimes they're
_positive_ or _negative_!? UGH!

Not sure what your confusion is. It is a matter of notation. The
negative value represents West where it is negative (as would be the
East; note how there is no W mentioned there).