List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Sansom Date:April 25 2006 5:09pm
Subject:Re: Stumped again by joins
View as plain text
At 11:10 -0500 25/4/06, gerald_clark wrote:
>Yes. 3.23 was not correct in the order of precedence.
>This has been answered many times here.

Sorry - I haven't been on the list all that long.

>You need to change your comma join to an inner join.

Lovely! That's it - many thanks.

At 17:15 +0100 25/4/06, Philippe Poelvoorde wrote:
>in 5.0.12 comma precedence was changed :
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/news-5-0-12.html

I did look at this but, my understanding of joins still being
somewhat shaky, I didn't take in its full implications.

>so try with parenthesis, your implicit join and left join should then
>works correctly.

In fact it's easier in my script to use inner join as Gerald
suggested. Many thanks for your patience though.

--
Cheers... Chris
Highway 57 Web Development -- http://highway57.co.uk/

I think I think; therefore I think I am.
    -- Ambrose Bierce
Thread
Stumped again by joinsChris Sansom25 Apr
  • Re: Stumped again by joinsBarry25 Apr
    • Re: Stumped again by joinsChris Sansom25 Apr
    • Re: Stumped again by joinsChris Sansom25 Apr
      • Re: Stumped again by joinsgerald_clark25 Apr
        • Re: Stumped again by joinsChris Sansom25 Apr
      • Re: Stumped again by joinsPeter Brawley25 Apr
Re: Stumped again by joinsPhilippe Poelvoorde25 Apr