List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 27 1999 4:54pm
Subject:Re: MySQL crashes running benchmark on OpenBSD2.5
View as plain text

sinisa> Craig Smoothey writes:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> It still crashes.  I'll try get a backtrace to you this week.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Craig...

> <cosmos@stripped> writes:
>> >
>> > Craig> Hi Sinisa,
> used by us was
>> > Craig> 2.1, so we are out of touch.
>> >
>> > Craig> *** Compile configuration 1:
>> > Craig> Attempted on v3.22.19b and then on v3.22.27using the following
> config:
>> >
>> > <cut>
>> >
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Could you try the following options with MySQL 3.23.6:
>> >
>> > CFLAGS=-pthread
>> > CXXFLAGS="-pthread -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti"
>> > CXX=gcc
>> > export CXX CFLAGS CXXFLAGS
>> > ./configure --without-readline --with-debug
>> >
>> > If mysqld still failes, try to get a backtrace with gdb and post it to me!
>> > (The 'Debugging a MySQL server' manual entry describes this)
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Monty

sinisa> Hi!

sinisa> In order to build MySQL with native threads and make it work fine and
sinisa> stable, you need OpenBSD 2.5. With that release, one of our users, has
sinisa> successfully built MySQL with native (kernel - supported) threads, and
sinisa> it works just fine.

He configured it with the options:

export CFLAGS=-pthread
export CXXFLAGS=-pthread
./configure --with-mit-threads=no

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL crashes running benchmark on OpenBSD2.5Craig Smoothey29 Oct
  • Re: MySQL crashes running benchmark on OpenBSD2.5sinisa29 Oct
    • Re: MySQL crashes running benchmark on OpenBSD2.5Vivek Khera29 Oct
  • Re: MySQL crashes running benchmark on OpenBSD2.5Craig Smoothey29 Oct
    • Re: MySQL crashes running benchmark on OpenBSD2.5Michael Widenius20 Nov
  • Re: MySQL crashes running benchmark on OpenBSD2.5Craig Smoothey27 Nov
    • Re: MySQL crashes running benchmark on OpenBSD2.5sinisa27 Nov
      • Re: MySQL crashes running benchmark on OpenBSD2.5Michael Widenius27 Nov