List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:April 25 2006 10:06am
Subject:Re: Top N selections + rest row
View as plain text
Hi,

>Anybody with smart ideas to get Top-N rows plus the rest row ?
>Suppose I have ranked sales values descending for 2005, like:
>Select Country, Sum(Sales) AS Sales From myTable
>Where Year=2005 Group By Country
>Order By Sales DESC LIMIT 25;
>
>Then I get Top-25 sales rows, but I also want a rest row,
>where all 26 rows represent the world total.
>I'm using MySQL 5.0.15.

What about just removing the LIMIT clause?

Or, alternatively, do a skip of the first 25 rows? (check the docs
for that)

Do you want to get this in a single result, or additional result?

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
Thread
Top N selections + rest rowC.R.Vegelin25 Apr
  • Re: Top N selections + rest rowBarry25 Apr
  • Re: Top N selections + rest rowMartijn Tonies25 Apr
  • Re: Top N selections + rest rowC.R.Vegelin25 Apr
    • Re: Top N selections + rest rowShawn Green25 Apr
      • Re: Top N selections + rest rowMartijn Tonies25 Apr
      • Re: Top N selections + rest rowJoerg Bruehe25 Apr