List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 27 1999 4:52pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC 2.50.28 RPM
View as plain text

>> Did you install the MySQL shared library rpm?  This is the only one you need
>> for the MyODBC RPM ?

Steve> Whoops, that did it. It'd be neat if the RPM was set to define that as a
Steve> package dependency, rather than just report the file dependency.

I shall check that for the next MyODBC release.

Steve> Okay, now I'm back to my old problem: This build of MyODBC works great
Steve> for hitting my local database. The problem is, when I want to hit a
Steve> database on a remote machine, it doesn't work. It's like it ignores my
Steve> SERVER= directive in iodbc.ini. Here's how my entry reads:

Steve> [site]
Steve> Driver   = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc.so
Steve> DSN      = site
Steve> SERVER   = blah.blah.blah.blah
Steve> PORT     = 3306

Try renaming your ~/.iodb.ini file to odbc.ini

I managed to connect to another machine with the following entry in my
~/odbc.ini file

[test]
Trace    = Off
TraceFile= stderr
Driver   = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc.so
DSN      = test
SERVER   = monty.pp.sci.fi
USER     = test
PASSWORD =
PORT     = 3306
#OPTIONS = 1
#DATABASE= test
#SOCKET  = /tmp/mysql.sock

Steve> I remember that we cured this when you took me through the laborious
Steve> routine of compiling MyODBC, so there remains something I'm not
Steve> installing or doing. Any ideas?

Steve> Thanks!

Steve> Steve Freitas
Steve> Newport Beach, California

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MyODBC 2.50.28 RPMMichael Widenius19 Nov
Re: MyODBC 2.50.28 RPMSteve Freitas27 Nov
  • Re: MyODBC 2.50.28 RPMMichael Widenius27 Nov
Re: MyODBC 2.50.28 RPMSteve Freitas27 Nov