List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:April 22 2006 2:12am
Subject:Re: WHERE doesn't work
View as plain text
Tom Lobato wrote:

>> From: "Nicolas Verhaeghe" <nicolas@stripped>
>> Echo the UPDATE query itself and then copy/paste it here that way
>> we'll see
>> what is wrong.
>
>    I already tried it. See some msgs before this. No sucess. When I
> paste the exactily same command to the mysql client, all works fine
> (only the right record is updated).
>
>    Tom

Tom,

With all due respect, there is almost certainly an error in your code.  I've
been on this list for years, and so far as I can recall, every instance of mysql
appearing to do something strange from php turned out to be a flaw in the php
code, not a problem with mysql.  Many of us on the list perform updates with
WHERE clauses via php without problems.  The most likely explanation is that
there is something wrong with the WHERE clause as sent to mysql by your php app.

So, you can keep repeating that it doesn't work, and we can keep flailing away
with blind guesses, but I expect you won't get a solution until you actually
show us the code.

Also, you've told us that your PHP Version is 4.4.2, and your Mysql client API
version is 3.23.49, by which I expect you mean that your copy of php was built
with the 3.23.49 version of the mysql client library.  Unless I've missed it
though, you haven't told us what version of mysql you have, how it was installed
(official binary, some other binary, compiled yourself?), and what OS it's on.
That information may help.

Michael
Thread
WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato20 Apr
  • Re: WHERE doesn't workBarry21 Apr
  • Re: WHERE doesn't workPeter Brawley23 Apr
  • Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato23 Apr
    • Re: WHERE doesn't workPeter Brawley23 Apr
  • Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato23 Apr
RE: WHERE doesn't workJay Blanchard20 Apr
  • Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato20 Apr
RE: WHERE doesn't workGeorge Law20 Apr
Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato21 Apr
  • RE: WHERE doesn't workNicolas Verhaeghe21 Apr
    • Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato21 Apr
      • RE: WHERE doesn't workNicolas Verhaeghe21 Apr
      • RE: WHERE doesn't workNicolas Verhaeghe21 Apr
        • Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato21 Apr
          • RE: WHERE doesn't workNicolas Verhaeghe21 Apr
            • Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato22 Apr
              • Re: WHERE doesn't workMichael Stassen22 Apr
  • RE: WHERE doesn't workNicolas Verhaeghe21 Apr
Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato21 Apr
Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato21 Apr
Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato21 Apr
RE: WHERE doesn't workJay Blanchard21 Apr
  • Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato21 Apr
Re: WHERE doesn't workTom Lobato24 Apr