List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:2wsxdr5 Date:April 21 2006 2:20pm
Subject:Re: Working out Square Footage with Feet and Inches
View as plain text
Shaun wrote:

>I have stored the dimensions as decimal(4,2), does this make a difference?

not a very good way to do it if you ask me but here is how to do the
calculation.

SELECT ((FLOOR(X) + ((X - FLOOR(X))/0.12)) * (FLOOR(Y) + ((Y -
FLOOR(Y))/0.12))) as SqFt.

FLOOR(X) gives you 6 from the 6.11
X - FLOOR(X) gives you the .11 part
.11/.12 gives you the appropriate fraction of a foot.to add back to X
then the same thing for Y and multiply.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com

Thread
Working out Square Footage with Feet and InchesShaun20 Apr
RE: Working out Square Footage with Feet and InchesJay Blanchard20 Apr
  • RE: Working out Square Footage with Feet and InchesDavid T. Ashley20 Apr
    • RE: Working out Square Footage with Feet and InchesTim Lucia20 Apr
RE: Working out Square Footage with Feet and InchesJay Blanchard20 Apr
  • Re: Working out Square Footage with Feet and InchesRedRed!com IT Department20 Apr
  • Re: Working out Square Footage with Feet and InchesShaun20 Apr
    • RE: Working out Square Footage with Feet and InchesNicolas Verhaeghe21 Apr
    • Re: Working out Square Footage with Feet and InchesShaun21 Apr
      • Re: Working out Square Footage with Feet and Inches2wsxdr521 Apr