List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:April 18 2006 1:01pm
Subject:Re: Reply / Return Address of this List
View as plain text
Alec.Cawley@stripped wrote:
> The battle has been fought before - and the list administrator has given
> his reasons why he has not made the requested change. The way the list
> currently behaves is not an accident or omission, but a deliberate
> decision. I do not recall the grounds for that decision - maybe RFCs or
> the behaviour of certain email clients (which probably does not include
> your own), or maybe the fact that an individual reply is often very
> difficult if the default is group reply but no the other way round. But
> before asking for a change, I suggest you go back into the archives and
> find out why the administrator decided as he did, and prepare a refutation
> for his argument at that time, not a general complaint that it doesn't
> suit your personal needs.
>
>         Alec

It's in the list FAQ <http://lists.mysql.com/faq.php>.

Michael
Thread
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
  • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListAndy Eastham18 Apr
    • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListAlec.Cawley18 Apr
      • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJason Teagle18 Apr
        • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListSST - Adelaide)18 Apr
      • Re: Reply / Return Address of this ListMartijn Tonies18 Apr
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
  • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListAndy Eastham18 Apr
Re: Reply / Return Address of this ListMichael Stassen18 Apr
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
  • Re: Reply / Return Address of this ListRob Munsch19 Apr