List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jason Teagle Date:April 18 2006 12:38pm
Subject:RE: Reply / Return Address of this List
View as plain text
> The battle has been fought before - and the list administrator has given
> his reasons why he has not made the requested change. The way the list
> currently behaves is not an accident or omission, but a deliberate
> decision. I do not recall the grounds for that decision - maybe RFCs or
> the behaviour of certain email clients (which probably does not include
> your own), or maybe the fact that an individual reply is often very
> difficult if the default is group reply but no the other way round. But

I would have thought that 99% of replies should go to the list, and personal
replies are the exception - as has been pointed out here, and many times on
other lists, a public answer benefits many people.

However, if the subject has been addressed and the decision made, then
there's just no point in this topic. I guess those of us that don't like it,
or don't like people inadvertently posting personal replies thanks to that
decision, should simply find another list.

--
Jason Teagle
jason@stripped

Thread
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
  • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListAndy Eastham18 Apr
    • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListAlec.Cawley18 Apr
      • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJason Teagle18 Apr
        • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListSST - Adelaide)18 Apr
      • Re: Reply / Return Address of this ListMartijn Tonies18 Apr
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
  • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListAndy Eastham18 Apr
Re: Reply / Return Address of this ListMichael Stassen18 Apr
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
  • Re: Reply / Return Address of this ListRob Munsch19 Apr