List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Eastham Date:April 18 2006 12:16pm
Subject:RE: Reply / Return Address of this List
View as plain text
Yes this battle has been fought before.  But this is still a pain in the
ass.

Whilst the list is unmoderated, surely someone at MySQL has the capacity to
make a change to the server configuration of whatever hosts the list?

How many times has someone had their problem solved by someone who
accidentally emailed them direct, rather than via the list.  So the solution
was never seen by anyone else and never made the archives.  Hence the same
question gets asked again...  and again...

I know I've accidentally emailed suggestions to people directly a number of
times because of this (I, like many, many others pragmatically use MS
outlook), and invariably the only reason I even find this out is when the
person thanks me directly rather than through the list.

Come on, let's move into the nineties and sort this out.

Andy

RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
  • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListAndy Eastham18 Apr
    • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListAlec.Cawley18 Apr
      • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJason Teagle18 Apr
        • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListSST - Adelaide)18 Apr
      • Re: Reply / Return Address of this ListMartijn Tonies18 Apr
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
  • RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListAndy Eastham18 Apr
Re: Reply / Return Address of this ListMichael Stassen18 Apr
RE: Reply / Return Address of this ListJay Blanchard18 Apr
  • Re: Reply / Return Address of this ListRob Munsch19 Apr