List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Eaton Date:April 16 2006 10:18pm
Subject:Re: Should we petition GoDaddy?
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicolas Verhaeghe" <nicolas@stripped>
To: "'MySQL General'" <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 11:20 PM
Subject: Should we petition GoDaddy?

>I am slowly considering leaving GoDaddy, who has a very good bandwidth
>and
> ok tech support (I have seen better but much much worse) and acceptable
> prices, but unfortunately does not support MySQL 5 and PHP 5 either.
>
> I wonder if I could give these people a chance but one thing I'd like to
> do
> is see if we could petition these guys and simply threaten to close out
> our
> accounts if they do not get on with the music.
>
> The current version of MySQL is 3.23. I have no time upgrading my
> dedicated
> server to a RedHat machine with custom PHP and MySQL, I don't have the
> time
> to do that.
>
> Who think we could make them make the right move and pretty quickly?

Save your energy and just move your web site to another host.

Don't be too impressed by extravagent bandwidth claims.  In a shared
hosting environment, where servers are often grossly overloaded, you'll
either have very little chance of reaching those bandwidth numbers, or if
you do, you'll be asked to upgrade or close your account because of the
high processing load needed to push that much traffic.

Thread
MySQL 4.1.11 innodb cache can't be flushed after restart ?Charles Q. Shen7 Apr
  • Re: MySQL 4.1.11 innodb cache can't be flushed after restart ?Philippe Poelvoorde7 Apr
    • RE: MySQL 4.1.11 innodb cache can't be flushed after restart ?Charles Q. Shen7 Apr
      • Re: MySQL 4.1.11 innodb cache can't be flushed after restart ?Philippe Poelvoorde7 Apr
    • RE: MySQL cache problem - innodb_buffer_pool_size and FS cacheCharles Q. Shen15 Apr
      • Re: MySQL cache problem - innodb_buffer_pool_size and FS cacheDan Nelson15 Apr
        • RE: MySQL cache problem - innodb_buffer_pool_size and FS cacheCharles Q. Shen15 Apr
          • Re: MySQL cache problem - innodb_buffer_pool_size and FS cacheDan Nelson16 Apr
            • Should we petition GoDaddy?Nicolas Verhaeghe16 Apr
              • RE: Should we petition GoDaddy?David T. Ashley16 Apr
              • Re: Should we petition GoDaddy?James Eaton17 Apr
                • Re: Should we petition GoDaddy?David Logan17 Apr
              • Re: Should we petition GoDaddy?Dotan Cohen17 Apr