List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql Date:April 13 2006 6:40am
Subject:RE: Fulltext and reserved words
View as plain text
Hi Taco - interesting thread.

Did you rebuilt the FullText indexes after restarting the
server?

From the 5.0.18 manual pages:

12.7.5. Fine-Tuning MySQL Full-Text Search

<quote>
Most full-text variables described in this section must be
set at server startup time. A server restart is required to
change them; they cannot be modified while the server is
running.

Some variable changes require that you rebuild the FULLTEXT
indexes in your tables. Instructions for doing this are
given at the end of this section.

The minimum and maximum lengths of words to be indexed are
defined by the ft_min_word_len and ft_max_word_len system
variables. (See Section 5.2.2, Server System Variables.)

The default minimum value is four characters; the default
maximum is version dependent. If you change either value,
you must rebuild your FULLTEXT indexes.

For example, if you want three-character words to be
searchable, you can set the ft_min_word_len variable by
putting the following lines in an option file:

[mysqld]
ft_min_word_len=3

Then you must restart the server and rebuild your FULLTEXT
indexes. Note particularly the remarks regarding myisamchk
in the instructions following this list.
</quote>

Regards

Keith

in practice they are not.

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Taco Fleur wrote:

> To: mysql@stripped
> From: Taco Fleur <taco.fleur@stripped>
> Subject: RE: Fulltext and reserved words
>
> Thanks for that, you saved the day. I am now trying to
> change that variable, I did a search through the ini files
> and changed the only file that had ft_min_word_len in it
> to ft_min_word_len = 2 restarted the server did SHOW
> VARIABLES and it still shows as 4, not sure what I am
> missing, going through the documentation but just can't
> find anything specific.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Taco Fleur
Thread
Fulltext and reserved wordsTaco Fleur12 Apr
  • Re: Fulltext and reserved wordsDan Nelson12 Apr
RE: Fulltext and reserved wordsTaco Fleur13 Apr
  • RE: Fulltext and reserved wordsmysql13 Apr