List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:April 10 2006 9:36pm
Subject:Re: How to pass parameters in MYSQL
View as plain text
Ravi Malghan wrote:
> Hi: I have a statement such as follows
>
> SELECT EVENT_DATA.dstport WHERE
> FROM_UNIXTIME(utime,'%Y-%m-%d') = (CURDATE() -
> INTERVAL 1 DAY) ORDER BY EVENT_DATA.utime;
>
> Instead of using a value of 1 for interval, I want to
> pass parameters so it will ask for the value when the
> sql statement is run.
You can put it in a prepared statement
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/sqlps.html), eg

set @sql = "SELECT EVENT_DATA.dstport
WHEREFROM_UNIXTIME(utime,'%Y-%m-%d') = (CURDATE() -INTERVAL ? DAY) ORDER
BY EVENT_DATA.utime";
PREPARE stmt FROM @sql;
set @x = 7;
EXECUTE stmt USING @x;
DROP PREPARE stmt;

and you can put all that in a stored procedure, passing in the number of
days as a param.

PB

----