List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Lauri Date:April 10 2006 9:54am
Subject:AS in a statement
View as plain text
Best group member,

I do this query

SELECT tour_player_score.strokes AS score, tour_scorecard_hole.par AS par,
score-par AS overpar
FROM `tour_player_score`, tour_scorecard_hole WHERE tour_player_id=175 AND
tour_scorecard_hole.id=tour_player_score.scorecard_hole_id

It gives error: [localhost] ERROR 1054: Unknown column 'score' in 'field
list'

I know where the error comes from (the tables does not have score in them),
but I want to simplify the query using the AS property, and continue in the
query us it.

This works:

SELECT tour_player_score.strokes AS score, tour_scorecard_hole.par AS par,
tour_player_score.strokes - tour_scorecard_hole.par AS overpar
FROM `tour_player_score`, tour_scorecard_hole WHERE tour_player_id=175 AND
tour_scorecard_hole.id=tour_player_score.scorecard_hole_id

But I do not want to use the long name... anyone with comments?

Best regards,
Peter

Thread
AS in a statementPeter Lauri10 Apr
  • Re: AS in a statementBarry10 Apr
Re: AS in a statementMartijn Tonies10 Apr