List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:murat . Date:April 10 2006 2:18am
Subject:database backup and restore
View as plain text
Dear all,

I have mysql 4.1.11 on my current server, i need my database restore another
server.. (another server mysql version is 4.1.11 same.)

And now... I just created new my database to new server following command:

CREATE DATABASE dbname DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin5 COLLATE
latin5_turkish_ci;

because our database and tables uses latin5 and turkish_ci collation.

How can i get correct backup and restore for this character sets? example;

mysqldump -uUSER -pDBNAME > /path/backup.sql

and restore;

mysql -uUSER -pDBNAME < /path/backup.sql

is this correct for me?

OR

mysqldump --default-character-set=latin5 -uUSER -pDBNAME > /path/backup.sql

and restore;

mysql --default-character-set=latin5 -uUSER -pDBNAME < /path/backup.sql

some peoples suggest me --default-character-set= variable for mysql 4.1.x
backups and restore, is this correct? also if we backup database
--default-character-set option, restore command is same option will need to
use?

Which method is good for me? if someone can help me for this, i'm pretty
happy.

Thanks for all, and sorry for very bad english.

database backup and restoremurat .10 Apr