List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barbara Deaton Date:April 7 2006 5:16pm
Subject:UNSIGNED_FLAG returned for column type timestamp ?
View as plain text
I'm using the MySQL 5.0.15 client to a 5.0 server all 32-bit windows.

It appears that the UNSIGNED_FLAG is being returned for column types of timestamp.

Checking the flags variable of the MYSQL_FIELD structure indicates that the following
flags are returned:

Field->flags = 1249

NOT_NULL_FLAG = 1
UNSIGNED_FLAG = 32
ZEROFILL_FLAG = 64
BINARY_FLAG = 128
TIMESTAMP_FLAG = 1024

Flag value totals = 1249.

I thought the TIMESTAMP_FLAG was deprecated so I was surprised to see it returned and I'm
not sure why the UNSIGNED_FLAG is returned.

You can create an unsigned timestamp column:

mysql> create table barbts (col1 timestamp unsigned, col2 int unsigned);
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'unsig
ned, col2 int unsigned)' at line 1

Is this correct behavior that the UNSIGNED_FLAG is returned and if so can you tell me the
justification?

Thanks for any information.
Barbara
Thread
UNSIGNED_FLAG returned for column type timestamp ?Barbara Deaton7 Apr