List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Date:April 6 2006 8:04am
Subject:Re: very long query for such a simple result
View as plain text
Ed Reed wrote:
> That's not really what I meant. I know what the function SUM() does. But Sum() takes
> an expression and '1' doesn't seem like much of an expression to me. So what is that 1
> equates to and where in the MySQL documentation can I find this explained.
>
> Thanks again.

It doesn't care about if the expression is a DB-field with a numeric
value or you insert a numeric value yourself.

--
Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)
Dance for me! ^(^_^)o (o^_^)o o(^_^)^ o(^_^o)
Thread
very long query for such a simple resultEd Reed4 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultSGreen4 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultPeter Brawley4 Apr
Re: very long query for such a simple resultEd Reed4 Apr
Re: very long query for such a simple resultEd Reed4 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultPeter Brawley5 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultsheeri kritzer5 Apr
Re: very long query for such a simple resultEd Reed5 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultPeter Brawley5 Apr
Re: very long query for such a simple resultEd Reed6 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultBarry6 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultPeter Brawley6 Apr