List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Date:April 6 2006 7:52am
Subject:Re: Many Attributes Required Design Query
View as plain text
Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have the job of creating a DB for an online clothing company. I have
> some experience with relational design and sql and php. I'm stumped as
> they have products that contain numerous attributes, and are wishing to
> get away, if possible, with entering separate records for each and every
> product that has different ones. I will list below some example products
> and their attributes.
>
> Shirts:
> neck
> body_length
> shoulder_length
> chest
> waist
> sleeve
> cuff
> color
>
> Pants:
> waist
> under_crotch_length
> upper_crotch_length
> upper_crotch_back_length
> upper_leg_length
> lower_leg_length
>
> Jacket:
> body_length
> shoulder_length
> chest
> waist
> sleeve
>
> Belts:
> body_length
> body_width
> waist_length
> buckle_length
> buckle_length
> holes
> sleeve_length
>
> below is a link to what they have on Ebay at the moment,
>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/DOLCE-GABBANA-PEACE-Jeans-48_W0QQitemZ7757125046QQcategoryZ11483QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
>

> keep in mind, I have only listed attributes above, not the actual table
> designs. They deal with a lot of variety within brands etc. Anyone got
> any solutions for this? I haven't started on a basic design yet, but am
> looking to do that soon. I f i can minimize their record input, that'd
> be great Cheers.
>
> Mark.

Uhm.
My solution would be 3 Databases where one has ID,Attrib_object_id,
Attrib_name_id, Attrib_value

And the other two would be an attrib database and an object databse.

Yep, something like that.

--
Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)
Dance for me! ^(^_^)o (o^_^)o o(^_^)^ o(^_^o)
        • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QueryMark Sargent7 Apr
        • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QueryMark Sargent7 Apr
        • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QuerySGreen7 Apr
  • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QueryMartijn Tonies6 Apr