List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Sargent Date:April 6 2006 7:39am
Subject:Many Attributes Required Design Query
View as plain text
Hi All,

I have the job of creating a DB for an online clothing company. I have
some experience with relational design and sql and php. I'm stumped as
they have products that contain numerous attributes, and are wishing to
get away, if possible, with entering separate records for each and every
product that has different ones. I will list below some example products
and their attributes.

Shirts:
neck
body_length
shoulder_length
chest
waist
sleeve
cuff
color

Pants:
waist
under_crotch_length
upper_crotch_length
upper_crotch_back_length
upper_leg_length
lower_leg_length

Jacket:
body_length
shoulder_length
chest
waist
sleeve

Belts:
body_length
body_width
waist_length
buckle_length
buckle_length
holes
sleeve_length

below is a link to what they have on Ebay at the moment,

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOLCE-GABBANA-PEACE-Jeans-48_W0QQitemZ7757125046QQcategoryZ11483QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

keep in mind, I have only listed attributes above, not the actual table
designs. They deal with a lot of variety within brands etc. Anyone got
any solutions for this? I haven't started on a basic design yet, but am
looking to do that soon. I f i can minimize their record input, that'd
be great Cheers.

Mark.

Thread
Many Attributes Required Design QueryMark Sargent6 Apr
  • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QueryBarry6 Apr
    • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QuerySGreen6 Apr
      • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QueryMark Sargent7 Apr
        • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QueryMark Sargent7 Apr
        • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QueryMark Sargent7 Apr
        • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QuerySGreen7 Apr
  • Re: Many Attributes Required Design QueryMartijn Tonies6 Apr