List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 26 1999 2:43am
Subject:Mysql and Quoted Identifiers
View as plain text
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Campbell <pc@stripped> writes:

Peter> I have many SQL scripts which have quoted identifiers to get around
Peter> the problem of using reserved words for some table and column
Peter> names.

Peter> Is there any way that MySql can be set to accept/ignore quoted
Peter> identifiers?

Peter> Currently the following type of commands get errors;

Peter> SELECT * FROM "TRAN"
Peter> SELECT "DATE", "NAME" FROM "TRAN"
Peter> SELECT "TRAN"."DATE" FROM "TRAN"

Hi!

Starting from MySQL 3.23.6 you can have quoted identifers.

Yours,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the late reply;  I am still trying to catch up with my
    mails that piled up during my vacation.
Thread
Mysql and Quoted IdentifiersPeter Campbell29 Oct
  • Re: Mysql and Quoted Identifierssinisa29 Oct
  • Mysql and Quoted IdentifiersMichael Widenius26 Nov