List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Reed Date:April 4 2006 9:17pm
Subject:Re: very long query for such a simple result
View as plain text
Sorry, here's the results. BTW the query works it just seems overly complex and I'd like
to streamline it.

CREATE TABLE `employees` (
  `EmployeeID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `FirstName` varchar(50) default NULL,
  `LastName` varchar(50) default NULL,
  `DateTerminated` datetime default NULL,
  `UserName` varchar(15) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`EmployeeID`)
  UNIQUE KEY `EmployeeID` (`EmployeeID`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

CREATE TABLE `problemreports` (
  `PRNo` double NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `Status` varchar(10) default NULL,
  `Responsible` varchar(20) default NULL,
  `Priority` varchar(10) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`PRNo`),
  UNIQUE KEY `PRNo` (`PRNo`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

>>> SGreen@stripped> 4/4/06 1:56:10 PM >>

You are new at this, aren't you?  First thing you need to do is to let us see exactly what
we need to deal with. Please respond with  the results of the following two commands

SHOW CREATE TABLE Employees\G
SHOW CREATE TABLE ProblemReports\G

We (the list members) will be able to help straighten you out from there (there are lots
of things we need to talk about but I think that we should get you working first, ok?)

Always CC the list (or hit the REPLY TO ALL button or whatever you have in your email
client). That way everyone on the list stays informed of the progress of this issue.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

Thread
very long query for such a simple resultEd Reed4 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultSGreen4 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultPeter Brawley4 Apr
Re: very long query for such a simple resultEd Reed4 Apr
Re: very long query for such a simple resultEd Reed4 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultPeter Brawley5 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultsheeri kritzer5 Apr
Re: very long query for such a simple resultEd Reed5 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultPeter Brawley5 Apr
Re: very long query for such a simple resultEd Reed6 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultBarry6 Apr
  • Re: very long query for such a simple resultPeter Brawley6 Apr