List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kishore Jalleda Date:April 4 2006 3:35pm
Subject:Re: new password will not be effective for connection immediately
View as plain text
You need to issue "FLUSH PRIVILEGES" or you must "RELOAD" Mysql  for the
changes to come into effect after you have changed your settings ....

Kishore Jalleda
http://kjalleda.googlepages.com/

On 4/4/06, NanFei Wang <nanfeiwang@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to change the password of the User( which is root) in the table
> 'user' from the database 'mysql'.
>
> I use the String sql = "update user set Password=password('somePassWord')
> where User='root'";
> I see from MySql Query Browser the password really changed !
>
> Before I stop the mysql from Service in Control Panel of my machine Window
> Xp,
> I can still make connection to the mysql database with the old password of
> the user 'root'.
>
> Only when I Stop and Start again the mysql from Service in Control Panel ,
> the connection to the mysql database with the old password of the user
> 'root' will fail,
> and with the new password of the user 'root' will succeed !
>
> My question is I hope the new password will be effective for connection
> immediately
> without ' Stop and Start ' the mysql Service.
>
> Thanks for your help !
>
> NanFei

Thread
new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyNanFei Wang4 Apr
  • Re: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyDan Nelson4 Apr
  • Re: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyGabriel PREDA4 Apr
  • Re: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyKishore Jalleda4 Apr
RE: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyJay Blanchard4 Apr