List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Blanchard Date:April 4 2006 3:32pm
Subject:RE: new password will not be effective for connection immediately
View as plain text
[snip]
My question is I hope the new password will be effective for connection
immediately
without ' Stop and Start ' the mysql Service.
[/snip]

Instead of stopping and starting the service you should do the following
query;

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

That will cause new passwords to take effect.

Thread
new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyNanFei Wang4 Apr
  • Re: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyDan Nelson4 Apr
  • Re: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyGabriel PREDA4 Apr
  • Re: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyKishore Jalleda4 Apr
RE: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyJay Blanchard4 Apr