List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:NanFei Wang Date:April 4 2006 3:26pm
Subject:new password will not be effective for connection immediately
View as plain text
Hi,
I want to change the password of the User( which is root) in the table 'user' from the
database 'mysql'.

I use the String sql = "update user set Password=password('somePassWord') where
User='root'";
I see from MySql Query Browser the password really changed !

Before I stop the mysql from Service in Control Panel of my machine Window Xp,
I can still make connection to the mysql database with the old password of the user
'root'.

Only when I Stop and Start again the mysql from Service in Control Panel ,
the connection to the mysql database with the old password of the user 'root' will fail,
and with the new password of the user 'root' will succeed !

My question is I hope the new password will be effective for connection immediately
without ' Stop and Start ' the mysql Service.

Thanks for your help !

NanFei

Thread
new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyNanFei Wang4 Apr
  • Re: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyDan Nelson4 Apr
  • Re: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyGabriel PREDA4 Apr
  • Re: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyKishore Jalleda4 Apr
RE: new password will not be effective for connection immediatelyJay Blanchard4 Apr