List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ferindo Middleton Jr Date:April 1 2006 12:20am
Subject:Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated field
View as plain text
Hank wrote:
> Are the other fields in the update statement actually changing the
> data? I don't know for sure, but if the data on disk is the same as
> the update statement, mysql won't actually update the record, and
> therefore might not update the last_updated field also.  Just a
> thought.

Yes, I understand that one concept. I have seen it before.... If you do
an update on a record but the actually values that you are passing in
the statement are the exact values as were there before, no update to
the timestamp field is made because none of the records values actually
changed....

But no, that is not my situation. I've tested it.... and I am actually
changing the values in the table (of course not specifying a new value
for the TIMESTAMP field) but still the TIMESTAMP field doesn't auto-update.

What disturbes me is that  it works fine in one particular  table but
all the others it works.

Ferindo
Thread
TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr31 Mar
  • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldScott Haneda31 Mar
  • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldjonathan31 Mar
    • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr31 Mar
      • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldHank31 Mar
        • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldBarry31 Mar
        • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr1 Apr
          • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr1 Apr
  • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldJonathan Mangin2 Apr