List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jonathan Date:March 31 2006 1:26am
Subject:Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated field
View as plain text
are you having two timestamp fields in a table (ie a created and a
last_updated)?

-j
On Mar 30, 2006, at 5:17 PM, Ferindo Middleton Jr wrote:

> I think I've seen this complaint posted before but I ignored but
> now I realize that in some of my db tables' last_updated field the
> value is automatically updating on UPDATEs to records while in
> other tables the last_updated fields for some strange reason aren't
> automatically updating.
>
> I'll usually use the following line in my table declarations:
>
> last_updated  TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
>
> In some tables it automatically updates on subsequent updates to
> the table and in others it will not. The purpose here is to have
> the last_updated field automatically append to the current
> timestamp... the application on the front end doesn't specify the
> time to MySQL but rather expects that it's always going to be
> UPDATEd to the current time slot.
>
> What am I doing wrong what command should I issue to my tables to
> correct it? Thanks
>
> Ferindo

TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr31 Mar
  • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldScott Haneda31 Mar
  • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldjonathan31 Mar
    • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr31 Mar
      • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldHank31 Mar
        • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldBarry31 Mar
        • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr1 Apr
          • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldFerindo Middleton Jr1 Apr
  • Re: TIMESTAMP field not automatically updating last_updated fieldJonathan Mangin2 Apr